Discovering Bari with a personalized tour and a specialized tourist guide.
A tour of the imposing castles and cathedrals that dominate many of the Province's ancient villages is an opportunity to explore its wonderful natural highlights. Bari, cultural crossroads since ancient times, is an ideal starting point, a city where two souls meet: the old town, surrounded by an imposing wall and crossed with narrow streets that lead to the discovery of its rich heritage; and the modern city, built at the beginning of the 19th Century and and having endured several changes over time.
Along the perimeter of the old walls, one comes across the majestic Castel del Monte commissioned by Frederick II of Swabia; with its spacious inner courtyard, it is also used for modern-day gatherings and events. A wonderful example of Apulian Romanesque architecture is the imposing Basilica di San Nicola (Saint Nicholas's Basilica), where the holy relics of the famous saint are kept. The bright-but-sober façade, flanked by two towers of different shape and height, features three portals that give access to the interior naves that hold important works of art.
The Cathedral, flanked by a high bell tower, is built on previous ancient buildings. A finely decorated rose window and three portals enliven the design of the main facade.
The new town, whose project was planned by Gioacchino Murat, is criss-crossed with shopping streets like Corso Cavour, where the famous Teatro Petruzzelli is located, considered the temple of opera in Bari.
Walking on the alleys of the city and get in touch with local people and their traditions. Tasting typical products: cheeses, ham, wine and ice cream.
- The tour starts with the visit of the traditional part of the city such as: San Nicola Cathedral and his wonderful crypt, the ancient San Sabino Cathedral and the Norman Castle.
- The tour moves on the typical alleys of the old town where old ladies make pasta.
- The tour ends with the visit of the modern part of the city with its theaters, streets to go to shopping, the famous promenade, the fish market and squares where you could taste Apulian typical products.
• Details and information regarding local operator will be provided on your confirmation Voucher.
• Min 3 Pax
• The tour could be cancel or postponed in heavy weather.
• Cancellation without penalty 3 days before the beginning of the tour.
• Cancellation after 3 days, the penalty is the 100% of the price of the tour.